From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: January 7, 2008 2:34 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IOS050I CHANNEL DETECTED ERROR ON
AA1A,52,9D,**02,PCHID=0142

Have you checked the hardware connections to make sure the end to end
process is working?
Do you have a physical cable issue?
Do you have a physical channel connection issue?
How is it connected?  Ficon, escon, Cicso routers?  Any hardware from
point a to point b needs to be looked at.

I will usually run LOGREC with the following control cards.  Verbose but
I can get an idea of what kind of flags are set.

ZERO=N
PRINT=AL
TYPE=CDEHIMOS
DATE=(07288,07288)
TIME=(0400,0500)
ACC=N
ENDPARM

The IOS050I is stating you have a hardware error.  The only way to fix
it is to correct the issue.

I would look at the logrec and see what flags are set ...  Do you have
any of the following details in your logrec?

RECOVERY ACTIONS PERFORMED BYTE:  AC
   HALT OR CLEAR SUBCHANNEL  1
   SIMULATED INTERRUPT       0
   REDRIVE DEVICE            1
   REQUEUE I/O REQUEST       0
   ISSUE MESSAGE             1
   LOG THE CONDITION         1
   BIT 6                     0
   BIT 7                     0
ATTENTION        0  PGM-CTLD IRPT    0  CCW FORMAT       0  RESERVED
0  SUBCHANNEL ACTIV 0
STATUS MODIFIER  0  INCORRECT LENGTH 0  PRE-FETCH CCW    1  SSCH
FUNCTION    1  DEVICE ACTIVE    0
CONTROL UNIT END 0  PROGRAM CHECK    0  INIT STATUS      0  HSCH
FUNCTION    0  SUSPENDED        0
BUSY             0  PROTECTION CHECK 0  ADDR LIMIT       0  CSCH
FUNCTION    0  ALERT STATUS     1
CHANNEL END      0  CHAN DATA CHECK  0  SUPP SUSPEND INT 0  RESUME
PENDING   0  INTERMED STATUS  0
DEVICE END       0  CHAN CTL CHECK   1  ZERO COND CODE   0  START
PENDING    0  PRIMARY STATUS   1
UNIT CHECK       0  I/F CTL CHECK    1  EXTENDED CONTROL 0  HALT PENDING
0  SECONDARY STATUS 1
UNIT EXCEPTION   0  CHAINING CHECK   0  PATH NOT OPER    0  CLEAR
PENDING    0  STATUS PENDING   0

Lizette

>We have just connected some DASD at our remote site and when we are
writing
>data we get an" IOS050I CHANNEL DETECTED ERROR ON
>AA1A,52,9D,**02,PCHID=0142" message.
>
>Here is the LOGREC info:
>
>                                    SSYS ID  REASON   PSW-MCH /PROG-EC
>RCYRYXI T   COMP/MOD  CSECTID  ERROR-ID
>
>   TIME     JOBNAME  RECTYP CP CUA  DEVT     CMD CSW  SENSE    04  06
08
>10       12  14   16  18   20  22   VOLUME    SEEK    SD CT
>
>                             *  DNO  CRW  CHP     SCSW

>ESW             STOR ADDR
>

>DATE  007 08
>
>09 10 04 88   N/A    MDR    00 0102 3590  51
>
>09 10 04 92   N/A    MDR    00 0102 3590  51
>
>11 20 25 80 ICEGENE2 SLH    00 AA1A 3390  52
84C240174AB4817000020000