------------------------<snip>--------------------------------
I was talking to a public school teacher in this area (Johnson County Kansas) at a Christmas party about the teaching of math and the "New Math". She said that the school systems here are actually pulling away from New Math, using addition and multiplication table memorization again, and requiring the use of pencils and brains instead of calculators. It's about time.
I'l give you the big "AMEN" on that. I've interviewed too many "college graduates" that couldn't read a preface, or balabce their own checkbooks. How do you tell those people that they're nothing more than "Educated Morons" ??