Sending again as I did not get a copy back from the list server.

Hello all,

This one stumps me for now and I need some help from the group.
I am at z/OS 1.7 and in the process of cleaning up un-cataloged datasets
on SMS managed volumes. This one that is holding tight is a non-vsam PO
dataset.

I usually run this JCL to delete them and it works fine:
//STEP1 EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//DISK  DD DISP=SHR,UNIT=3390,VOL=SER=DASEFA
//SYSIN DD *
 DELETE XXXXXXX.XXXXXX NVR FILE(DISK)
/*

The job gets a return code of '0', but the dataset is still there.
A =3.4 display shows it, as well as an old IEHLIST job.

In looking in the log or messages portion of the output from the delete
job, I see this:
IEC331I 042-006(040B0425),DELNVR1 ,STEP1   ,SCRT,IGG0CLH0
IEC331I VOL,DASEFA,NAME,XXXXXXX.XXXXX
IEF142I DELNVR1 STEP1 - STEP WAS EXECUTED - COND CODE 0000

The fine manual says:
RETURN CODE 42
   Explanation: A DADSM error occurred on branch entry to DADSM back
end.
   The DADSM error return data from the invoked sub-function (SFI) field

   is the value of the variable sfierror in message IEC331I.
REASON CODE 6
   Explanation: A DADSM SCRATCH error occurred on branch entry.

No luck finding the '040B0425' meaning so far.
Now the REAL question, how can I delete this dsn.
Any and all responses are quite welcome.

Regards,
Claude Richbourg