-----------------<snip>--------------------
At our local McDonalds, I once asked for McNuggets. Offered sizes of 8,
12, or 16, I asked for a dozen.

Got the "Deer in the headlights" stare; she had to call the manager to
decypher "dozen".

Tell me about the "dumbing down" of America! :-(

Not "dumbing down" but I'm going through a similar situation.  Went out
and bought a digital clock and hung it on the wall here at work.  It is
a block of LEDs that shows the time in binary coded decimal.  Talk about
the deer in the headlights look when I look at a bunch of blinking
lights and tell them what time it is!

And don't get me started on having to explain to a network admin what a
Julian date is.....

Rex