From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rick Fochtman
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:41 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: OT: Computer Science Education: Where Are the Software
Engineers of Tomor...

-------------------<snip>----------------------

>Oh, good, so it's not just me... ;)
>
>For some reason, I do that all the time.  The look on their face says
it all.

>At a local pizza place, they sell soup, pretty good soup I might add.
On the board it's 12oz, 16oz and 32oz.   I always order it by Pint or
Quart.  That gets them going as well.  Ah... a pint, that's 32oz,
right...?  No, wait, isn't that 16oz?

>I know, I know, I'm an anal-orifice (tm).

At our local McDonalds, I once asked for McNuggets. Offered sizes of 8,
12, or 16, I asked for a dozen.

Got the "Deer in the headlights" stare; she had to call the manager to
decypher "dozen".

Tell me about the "dumbing down" of America! :-(