-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: LSQA orphan storage

>On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:07:45 -0500, Thompson, Steve wrote:
>>
>>And like I originally said, this is a 90% IBM Vanilla shop. We have NO

>>exits that are involved in this area.
>
>No exits that run in the address space?  you are sure?  Not even SMF
exits?

>--

When did this start happening? After an OS upgrade?  Don't user
environment
JES2 exits (52,53,54 for example) run in the user's address space also.
Any of those?
<SNIP>

It has been happening all along. However, during a stress test where the
program(s) being tested were cancelled and restarted, and submitted, and
cancelled and restarted, and...

We came to see that we had LSQA (below) growing.

Now that we know what it is, we can even reproduce this on other z/OS
releases than 1.9 & 1.8. And it appears that we can do it with ANY
program if we can hold it to the same initiator (class selection handles
this nicely). The more complex the program, the more stuff doesn't go
away in LSQA if the program is cancelled. The creep is with IBM's
control blocks.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- All opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of my employer. --