On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:06:47 -0600, Brian Peterson wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:40:37 -0500, Shmuel Metz  wrote:
>
>>I'm currently on a project to do any IMS version upgrade, and wanted to
>>order some service. The LPAR that I was doing the work on doesn't have
>>Internet access, so I created the CSI bit map and tried to FTP it to my
>>PC. My IBM-Link contact trioed doing an order, and it was rejected due to
>>an incorrect bit map. Presumably I used the wrong options on the FTP, but
>>what are the correct options? Thanks.
>>
>>--
>>     Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT
>
>It has always worked for me if I use BIN when downloading the bitmap from
>z/OS to my PC.

I'd surely expect that to work.  What checksum tools are available on
both platforms?  MD5 is widely used despite its suspect status for
cryptographic purposes, and readily available for almost everything
except z/OS.  I've compiled the code from RFC 1321 on z/OS, but only
as part of a slightly larger program.

-- gil