I've started working on exactly the Rexx process you describe... listing
the information on one LPAR and performing an ADDVOLUME on the other LPAR
to 'move' the RMM entry.   I'm not too far yet, however, so if you or
anyone would happen to be able to share such a routine, it should would be
appreciated.  I looked around in the CBT tape and didn't see anything, but
maybe I missed it?  Thanks!

Jeffrey Deaver, Engineer
Systems Engineering
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
651-665-4231(v)
651-610-7670(p)

             Mike Wood
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             M.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: RMM export import?

             01/14/2008 11:50
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

Jeffrey, If you really are wanting to move the volume from one rmm to
another, rather than simply be able to read the data from production, we
document a split/merge process for the CDS in the DFSMSrmm Primer redbook.

As an alternative, I know of some installations that use a Rexx procedure
list the volume to be moved, and use the results to create ADDVOLUME and
ADDDATASET commands which are used to define the volume in the target
system.

Be careful not to keep multiple RMM plexes with the same volume defined as
this could result in problems with volume status and retention.

Mike Wood    RMM Development