On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 03:27:02 -0600, Victor Zhang
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I am going to implement racf to not allow virtual tapes created by
>production to be written by testing system, the tape ranges are well
>setup,ie P00000-P99999 are exclusively used by production,should I add
>100,000 command in testing system:
>RDEFINE TAPEVOL P00000 UACC(NONE)
>RDEFINE TAPEVOL P00001 UACC(NONE)
>RDEFINE TAPEVOL P99999 UACC(NONE)
>
>To permit a user in testing system to read production created tape,I should
>issue:
> PERMIT P00000 CLASS(TAPEVOL)    ID(userid or groupname) ACCESS(READ)
>
>My question is:
>1.Is above listed command enough to accomplish my goad?
>2.Can I use a generic TAPEVOL profile? If answer is yes, how? Where can I
>find an example?

In general I would recommend protecting tape data sets in the DATASET class,
not the TAPEVOL class, if you have a tape management system.  You have
several options for doing this, and I would suggest reading your tape
management system documentation and following the recommendations provided
there.

--
  Walt Farrell, CISSP
  IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design