On Jan 28, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Lizette Koehler wrote:

Just a thought, but couldn't you also setup something in the ACS code to handle who could access production tape? Perhaps setting up userids that have access or something similar? This works particularly well if you have data set and job naming standards to key on.

I do agree with Walt that the tape management system will have processes you can use for this type of situation. But I also think ACS codes could also be used.

Lizette

IIRC ACS is driven *ONLY* for new tapes I think its gets a bit murky if we are talking a library type system.

Ed