Many thx John/Ron.

John, I'm passing this to our CICS sysprogs to see if it's something they can
use.

Ron, Agree that a journal file should be ascending key and be used
sequentially. However, the amount of inserts (2/5ths) seem to point to what I
assume are delayed transactions being inserted. Therefore, I was hoping to
allocate a small(ish) CI FSPC to ensure enough room for 2 records to be
inserted in each CI?

Regards,

Joe