In addition to the suggestions you've received, a few more comments:

1. I cannot find that printer model number you mention, so could you double
check that?

2. Windows is capable of printing all fonts using bitmaps. (There's a
checkbox in the printer driver settings that enables that.) The size of the
print job will grow, so that's one disadvantage. If you can transfer and
print bitmaps in some form, this is one option.

3. According to Wikipedia, Arial is just the new Microsoft-created name for
Sonoran Sans Serif.  Arial/Sonoran Sans Serif was designed by Monotype.
It's very close in appearance to Linotype's Helvetica, and it is a
variation of Monotype's Grotesque font. Triumvirate, Helios, Megaron, and
Newton fonts are other substitutes for Arial and Helvetica.

4. Both the InfoPrint Fonts (5648-E76) and the AFP Font Collection (
5648-B33) include Helvetica. The former includes only outline Helvetica
while the latter includes both outline and raster (bitmap) Helvetica (240
and 300 dpi). You can still order Sonoran Sans Serif (5771-ABB) -- just
checked -- but I think that's 240 dpi raster format only (e.g. 3820 laser
printing). That may be sufficient, depending on your output device and
appearance goals, but I think I'd look at outline Helvetica first.

Also, PSF for z/OS supports OpenType/TrueType font formats directly. See
this guide (IBM Publication No. G544-5876) for more details:

http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/g3a00mst.pdf

Assuming you license Monotype's Arial -- it is available for purchase --
presumably you could use it in PSF for z/OS.  I don't have too much
information on Exstream Dialogue, but presumbly you could do something
similar.

Hope all that helps.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]