From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Hal Merritt
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:50 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Arial Font printing on Mainframe

You print on printers, not the mainframe ;-)

Seriously, the printer doc is where you need to look. You send
directives to the printer to load whatever fonts, overlays, or action
sequences (page eject, etc). If the device can't do that font, then you
are out of luck.

Printing subsystems (VPS is one example, AFP another) might offer some
facilities to simplify/complicate the process. You would consult that
doc to fund out the 'right stuff'.

And, yes, the correct technical term is 'stuff' ;-) I have used some
other terms, but they are not suitable for this list :-))

Another possibility is that you may have to route the print data through
another program (XMITIP, for example) to get what you want.

Now, IMHO, printing is a career path and my comments may or may not
apply to any known reality.

HTH and good luck