---------------------<snip>------------------
I feel the same. MPFLIST was always my preferred method. You can suppress or pass messages into the Netview Subsystem Interface if you want to...or just use MPF vanilla....
I agree with this basic viewpoint, but a small and WELL DOCUMENTED set of exits can be highly useful in the overall scheme of message management. Mr. Price's exits can be a highly useful adjunct for this whole process. Yes, change management should be involved, but so should operations staff and management. And, as always, audit requirements need to be observed. That's why I choose to delete messages ONLY from active consoles. In my shop, SYSLOG was considered a legal document and any interference with logging was considered a "terminal" offense. (Dept. of Commerce requirements)