On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:41:44 -0500, Scott Ford
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>... You can suppress or
>pass messages into the Netview Subsystem Interface if you want
to...or just
>use MPF vanilla....

The NetView "suppression" is actually a completely different
technique.  If you define NetView as VTAM's "primary programmed
operator" VTAM passes its unsolicited messages to the PPO ACB
and doesn't issue a WTO at all.  That means that MPF doesn't get
chance to play at all (yet).  NetView can then decide to WTO the
messages.  If NetView WTOs them, _then_ MPF gets in the act.

That word "unsolicited" is pretty important, though.  Any VTAM
activation message relating to resources in VTAMs configuration
list - ATCCONxx - is considered solicited.  VTAM WTO's those so
MPF can supress them.  (

BTW, Solicited VTAM messages are supposed to be command
know what that means in this case.  The console issuing the
START NET?  Consoles with AUTH=MASTER?  Consoles with the
network routecode (8, I think)?  Whatever, they go where not
wanted.

Another option available in NetView V5.1 (or maybe it was 5.2)
is the Message Revision Table where many MPF-ish actions (and
several not so MPF-ish actions) are available in NetView's SSI.

Pat O'Keefe