I stand corrected.  OUTDD and MSGFILE are not related at all, and indeed
there seems to be no prohibition nor error in specifying different OUTDD
ddnames for different COBOL programs in the same enclave.  I just tested
a simple main program and subprogram with different OUTDD values at
compile time and unique DISPLAY statements, and both DD's were properly
written to, and the LE MSGFILE output (via
PARM='/RPTOPTS(ON),MSGFILE(CEEMSG)') went to a third DD, with no affect
on the COBOL OUTDD's at all.

Ya learn somthin' new every day...  Ain't it grand?

Thanks.

Peter

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IGY3PG32/2.4.
39

> that says that you can't have different OUTDD values for different
> programs
> within a single load module (or dynamic call sequence).  If you want
the
> specific DD to be "in" the program, add a
>
>   Process Outdd(whatever)
>
> before your identification division of each program that you want to
use
> "myfile".
and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.