Tom Quarendon wrote:
I think that you misunderstand. I'm not trying to change the volser on which the dataset resides. I'm trying to open a particular volume sequence number in a multivolume set. You do that by specifying the JFCBVLSQ field specifying 1 if you want the first volume, 2 for the second etc.

What Shmuel was pointing out that if you have the data set open normally, the DEB will have extent entries for each extent on each volume. Then the M will point to the m+1 th extent of the data set; if the DS has one extent per volume, then M=2 will address the 3rd volume, etc.

If you've been doing the OPENJ with a single volser, then JFCBVLSQ should not be used, because you're making it appear to be a single, uncontinued data set?

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT