Ed Finnell wrote:
I thought it was verboten to have  announcements during SHARE?

I can recall several major software announcements that coincided with SHARE. However, mainframe hardware announcements usually come in the Fall after SHARE is over.

If this is a hardware announcement, the timing is unusual. And, SHARE attendees would be the first to hear it! They might even be the first to *see* it! If I were IBM, planning to announce a new-generation, 21st-century processor at SHARE, I would wheel a couple of them onto the floor of the SHARE Technology Exchange! "Excuse me, Sir. The line forms at the back." 8-)

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc