At 00:45 -0600 on 02/17/2008, Ed Gould wrote about Re: DFSMS APAR OA22738 - IGD17295I:

<x-flowed>On Feb 16, 2008, at 9:59 PM, Robert A. Rosenberg wrote:

 At 16:09 -0600 on 02/15/2008, Mark Zelden wrote about DFSMS APAR
 OA22738 - IGD17295I:

 Interesting.  I had an extended off-list thread with someone about
 this problem
 last May after this subject came up.  There was really nothing
 that could be
 done because they used the LIKE parameter.

 It seems that IBM is attacking the symptom not the problem. Since
 PDSEs are only allowed to be single version, why not just FORCE the
 vol-count to be 1 and issue a message STATING this was done if the
 dynamic allocation requests/allows allocation of more than one volume?

Could it be that in the future (????) they will be allowed to be
multi volume? I was looking over some notes from a IBM announcement
and either I wrote it down wrong (possible) that IBM opened with some
sort of statement that they were looking at making them multi volume.

So? When/If this restriction comes off the PTF/Function code that does it can also remove the IBM code that forces single volume by over-riding the muti-volume permission. This is the same as they are now doing by backing off the code that issued the message.

Ed

</x-flowed>