On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 07:27:49 -0700, Howard Brazee wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 15:47:44 -0600, Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
>>It's about pretty colors, fancy fonts, drop down boxes, scroll bars,
>>drag and drop, point and click and you can't do that on the mainframe.
>>If IBM had embraced graphic screen application development 15 years ago
>>mainframes would still be the top business technology today.
>>People simply do not want ugly 3270 screens. They want pretty graphics
>>in their applications and are willing to sacrifice everything else for it.
>>It's clear that IBM still doesn't "get it".
>
>Why do graphics belong on the server anyway?   I don't want a Windows
>server to do the pretty graphics either.  Put the pretty stuff on the
>client side, and put the data on the server side.

Fine.  Pehaps it's time for IBM to functionally stabilize ISPF and
TSO (if not done already) and provide HTTP alternatives to the
essential services: SDSF, DSLIST, editors, RACF, etc.  Or is this
already available through WSA?  But many customers might prefer to
use Firefox, Opera, OmniWeb, Safari, etc. rather than being required
to install YA idiosyncratic product on their workstations.  Is
WSA accessible from Linux (Linux for z/Series?)? Solaris (Sparc
and i86)? OS X?  Other (specify)?

-- gil