Doug Fuerst writes:
>All I can say is I have 4.1 or 550 for z/OS and there is not one shred
>of USS support in the product that I can find. I was told that if I
>wanted that support I needed Omegamon for USS. So if this is the case,
>even the support people and the marketing people are unaware of it. I
>actually use Sysview from CA for my USS monitoring. Omegamon has no idea
>if I have an HFS or where it is.
>So if its there, I'd love to know where.

I'm sorry you got that information. IBM tried to provide a lot of notice in
the announcement letter, "New in this release" info, product documentation,
etc.

Here's the Planning and Configuration Guide (watch the wrap):

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v15r1/topic/com.ibm.omegamon_xezos.doc/km5cfmst.pdf

and here's the User's Guide:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v15r1/topic/com.ibm.omegamon_xezos.doc/km5usmst.pdf

Try searching in those documents for "UNIX System Services" to see if
that's what you need. Please advise if it's not.

Rex Pommier writes:
>Usually I am in agreement with most of what you say, as I am partly with
>what you say below, in that IBM has done some good things with Omegamon
>since acquiring it.  But, that being said, I must strongly disagree with
>your assertion that we should be putting in Share requirements or so on
>to get some of these things fixed.

Thanks for that, that's good to hear. Yes, I agree, IBM has helped move the
OMEGAMON products forward in a positive direction, putting more resources
into development. (More to come.) And all the heritage Candle people I've
met are terrific. Here's what I actually wrote (*emphasis mine*):

>As for the other comments in this thread, I would suggest getting the
>requirements into SHARE *and through other avenues*.

"Other avenues" can mean a lot of things, e.g. PMRs. Yes, you can open PMRs
against documentation. That was one of the avenues I had in mind when I
wrote that. Sorry if I was a little obtuse. Fortunately, as Joe Winterton
writes, the documentation will get updated. (Thanks, Joe.)

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]