My empirical evidence suggests that CICS sets QEDIT CIBCTR to the
maximum of 255, and I don't see a way to change it (we wouldn't want to
reduce it, anyway).  I've suggested to the application group that if
their testing is anywhere near indicative of the expected transaction
arrival rate, that they use a more reliable means of delivering them
(Websphere MQ, for example).

    -jc-