Miller, Pat wrote:
I need to exchange files with an agency that uses sftp and SSH-2.  From looking
at the archives and the TCP/IP Implementation red book (vol 2, std apps), I am
unclear whether I can use ftps and AT-TLS or am stuck with sftp.

I'm not sure what platform they operate from, other than it's not z/OS.
Go ahead.  Educate me.  Please.

sftp with ssh will not interoperate with ftps using TLS.
So far we have been able to use TLS with most of the people
we exchange data with. In a few cases we PGP encrypt the data
and use regular FTP.

There is an ssh port at

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/unix/port_tools.html

It may be incorporated in later releases we are still 1.7).

I have not tried this yet.

--
Richard