Gil,
- Thanks a ton.  No coupling facility from what I'm told, GRS via couple
dataset (I'm used to MIM via CTC, so this is new to me too).  I just want to
prove periodically an IPL works, I know it's not necessary.  I just haven't
seen one at this site since I started here, and I want to compare the start-up
to some timing issues I've see starting the disaster recovery machine.  USS
exists only to support TCPIP, NPF and MQ as necessary.
- Greg

BTW when I shut down the test LPAR yesterday, z/OS didn't seem to recognize the
hardware console as a z/OS console until I cause an interrupt after it's lost
the other consoles.  Is this normal?