On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:02:28 -0400, Farley, Peter x23353
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Asked and answered.  The OP's local sysprogs don't like NJE for some
>reason, have not implemented it, and (according to the OP) will not do
>so.  Politics was suggested as the underlying reason.

The reason I think they don't want to open the NJE capability is that they
don't want people transferring reports that were created on the
development/qa regions to the production region where the reports could get
out to our customers by mistake.

Unfortunately, all the high speed printers are on the production lpar so
occassionaly a "test" report does need to be transferred to the production
region for printing.  Don't laugh but we are still bus and tag attached.

They would rather me do it on an as-needed basis, however, the requests are
getting too frequent and taking up too much of my time.

I would think that there are security measures that would allow only certain
individuals or groups the ability to use the nje feature and not make it
generally available to everyone.

I am hoping that with all the information I received (thanks to Brian
Westerman for sending me the share document) that I can convince them into
taking another look at setting up the NJE.  It definitely looks like a time
saver.

Regards,
Gil.