John McKown writes:
>We have, if I remember, one vendor product which is based on
>the MSU rating of the system.

Yes, that would be the exception. In fairness there are a few IBM products
charged according to full capacity, but all the ones I've run into are
products that predated (by a lot) the introduction of VWLC.  And in many of
those cases they're withdrawn products.

If you do have software charged by full capacity MSUs, then that might be a
factor, but of course you'd have to weigh that together with all the other
factors. YMMV.

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Specializing in Software Architectures Related to System z
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]