Wrong.
Stored Procedures continue to run in Stored Procedures Address Spaces.  They
are stored procedures, and they run in address spaces.  Stored procedures do
not run in the (one and only one per DB2 subsystem) DDF address space.  In the
original DB2 support for stored procedures, all stored procedures ran in a
single DB2 managed SPAS.  This address space was started (optionally) at DB2
initialization, and all stored procedures ran in this address space.  However,
with later releases of DB2, support was added for executing stored procedures
and user defined functions (UDF's) in WLM managed stored procedure address
spaces, by defining DB2 specific WLM application environments.  However since
these are DB2 specific, they are still stored procedure address spaces.  What
is no longer recommended (and for DB2 9, not supported) is the DB2 managed
SPAS, so all stored procedures must run in a WLM application environment.  One
requirement for WLM stored procedures is the use of RRSAF, in !
 place of CAF for DB2 connectivity.  RRSAF requires that the RRS logstreams be
defined, which in turn require SYSPLEX definitions, even if in MONOPLEX mode.
With DB2 9, SQL stored procedures can be defined as "native" which allows them
to run in the DB2 DBM1 address space rather than in a WLM address space.

Wayne Driscoll
Product Developer
NOTE:  All opinions are strictly my own.