On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:53:44 -0500, David Eisenberg wrote:

>Yikes!
>
>Our programmers occasionally ZAP a load module in a test load library, which is
>fine. When the time comes to promote the load module into a production load
>library, however, I would like our change management package to prevent the
>promotion of any load module which has been zapped. I'm prepared to do that
>check programmatically via an exit, if I have a reasonable way of doing it.

Extract a secure checksum (e.g. SHA-1 from ICSF) when the load
module is generated, and verify it when it is moved into the
production load library.  RACF protect the following:

o The data set in which the checksums are stored for the interim.

o The data sets in which the load module resides while the
  checksums are generated, to close timing windows.

Even simpler, keep the load module in a RACF-protected library
mirroring to the test library, and move it to the production
library from that secured library, not from the test library.

You might still want to compare the test copy and the copy
being promoted to guarantee that what was tested is being
promoted.

Ugly scenario: the programmer saves a copy; zaps the test
library; tests; then restores the saved copy.  Again, what
gets promoted is not what got tested.  Perhaps you need to
secure and control the test library.

-- gil