Here's the job step that creates our standalone dump. Remember that the
page dump data set is now on the SAD IPL volume as

  SYS1.PAGEDUMP.Vvolser

My job includes a preceding step to delete/purge the old one if any and a
succeeding step to catalog the new one. Cataloging is not required. The
DUMP= parameters have accumulated values over the years from various
suggestions or problems. SAD as set up here--along with the SCSYSC load
parm recommend by Jim Mulder--will dump straight to DASD with no operator
intervention after the load. A default title is generated.

//SADCREATE EXEC PGM=AMDSAOSG,REGION=20M
//SYSLIB   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.MACLIB
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.MODGEN
//GENPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//GENPARMS DD *
         AMDSADMP VOLSER=sad-ipl-volser,                               *
               CONSOLE=SYSC,         USE HMC AS CONSOLE                *
               REUSEDS=ALWAYS,       ALWAYS OVERWRITE DATA SET         *
               MINASID=PHYSIN,       GET AT LEAST SWAPPED IN GUYS      *
               DUMP=('SP(ALL) IN ASID(1,'JES2','JESXCF')               *
               ALSO DATASPACES OF ASID(1,'DUMPSRV','JESXCF','APPC','SMS*
               VSAM','CONSOLE','SMSPDSE','SMSPDSE1')                   *
               ALSO PAGETABLES OF DATASPACES'),                        *
               OUTPUT=Duuuu     SADUMP TO 1st VOL OF SYS1.SADMP
         END

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Jim Mulder
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .edu>                     Re: Stand alone Dump with ICC cards

             03/22/2008 10:28
             PM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .edu>

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 03/23/2008
12:29:20 AM:

> I also use only the HMC for SAD support....
>
> our basic operator instructions:
> 1. logon to HMC as OPERATOR
> 2. logon to MVS Console on SYSPLEX partner system
> 3. Select SAD_sysname HMC Icon.
> 4. Perform RESET-NORMAL, Answer YES and OK.
> 5. On MVS Console, reply to IXC402D or IXC102A messages, or issue V
> XCF,sysname,OFFLINE (reply is SYSNAME=sysname)
>
>     Actions 3-5 expedite sysplex system recovery actions.
>
> 6. Perform ACTIVATE SAD_sysname HMC ICON, Answer Yes and OK.
> 7. Start Operating System Messages (double-click with SAD_sysname Icon
> highlighted)
> 8. Enter a NULL command, by clicking on SEND COMMAND and then clicking
on
> SEND button.
>
> 9+++ now answer SAD prompts as required.

  You can avoid step 8 by specifying

     SCSYSC

 as the Load Parameter in the profile that you are using to
IPL SAD.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY