Here's what I'm running, no difference to me.

//ESPSPT EXEC PGM=EPSPT,PARM='PZOS17A',
//            REGION=0M
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SMPE.EPSPT.HOST.TOOL.NEW
//SMPECSI  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SMPE.ZOS17.GLOBAL.CSI
//SYSIN    DD DISP=SHR,DSN=ST1MAT.DEV2096
//OUTPUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//OUTPUTL  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*

Matt Dazzo wrote:
> I updated the program to the latest level. I tried to using the global csi
> and the target csi and I get the following messages. Job ends with cc=0 but I
> get an error in the report. Any ideas? Thanks
>  +

This is what I use in my job, works fine;

//ZOS18    EXEC PGM=EPSPT,PARM='MVST100',COND=(0,NE)
//STEPLIB  DD   DSN=TECHSVC.TECHNAPF.LOADLIB,DISP=SHR
//SMPCSI   DD   DSN=SMPE.ZOS18.GLOBAL.CSI,DISP=SHR

Where MVST100 is the name of the target zone.

> Report Level:1.04.11 Last Update:2007/06/28
> For target zone PZOS17A
> HOLD      APAR     -RESOLVING SYSMOD-  RELEVANT
> FMID      NUMBER   NAME      RECEIVED  UPGRADE+SUBSET
> MSG 010: SEVERE ERROR: Target Zone Query Failed, Report to IBM
> NOTE: An asterisk denotes an APAR that has been previously
> mentioned in this report.
> *                          SUMMARY                          *
> NO APARs/PTFs required.
> FMIDs  applicable:     0
> APARs  applied:        0
> APARs  required:       0
> PTFs   received:       0
> Report Level:1.04.11 Last Update:2007/06/28
> For target zone PZOS17A
> MSG 019: rc from zone qry = 12
> MSG 010: SEVERE ERROR: Target Zone Query Failed, Report to IBM
> MSG 098: RC =  , CC =   }D \
> MSG 099: MSGBUFF = GIM44233I    GIMMPVIA - A PREALLOCATED VSAM DATA SE
> MSG 099: MSGBUFF = T WAS NOT FOUND FOR THE GLOBAL ZONE.
> MSG 099: MSGBUFF = GIM50504S ** OPEN PROCESSING FAILED FOR THE GLOBAL
> MSG 099: MSGBUFF = ZONE.

> You didn't show your EPSPT job, so this is a guess, but ensure the
> SMPCSI DD statement specifies the CSI data set for your global zone
> (SMPE.ZOS17.GLOBAL.CSI), not the CSI data set name for your target zone.
>   The PARM then specifies the name of your target zone (PZOS17A).
>
> Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, SMP/E Development

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service
Tampa, FL
----

In accordance to the principles of Doublethink, it
does not matter if the war is not real, or when it
is, that victory is not possible. The war is not
meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous.

The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction
of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society
is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance.
In principle, the war effort is always planned to
keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged
by the ruling group against its own subjects. And its
object is not victory over Eurasia or Eastasia, but to
keep the very structure of society intact.

George Orwell - 1984