On 26 Mar 2008 10:22:03 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (R.S.)
wrote:

>BTW: COBOL has serious disadvantages.
>(and the war began...)

Every tool has serious disadvantages - because no tool is all things
for all people.

It's not about the language though.  IS is about the data.    We need
to make sure we have the right data accessible to the right people -
but not accessible to the wrong people.

Often this is facilitated by having a big box database with lots of
rules in it.    But what languages we use really doesn't matter.