Paul Gilmartin wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:44:20 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:
>
>> The catalog has nothing to do with it.  Despite the fact that someone deleted
>> the data set, it is still ALLOCATED to JES2 and the original extents are in
>> the
>> DEB.   You can rename the new one, re-allocate it to its original volume and
>> copy it back or just leave it where it is.  Either way you have to recycle
>> JES2
>> to pick up the new extents.
>>

> Are DEBs created by ALLOCATE?  I had imagined it was OPEN.
>
> In an earlier contribution, you mentioned that JES holds no ENQ
> on the PROCLIBs.  That sounds terribly dangerous.  Why would they
> design it that way?

I would guess that the thought process was not to prevent JES2 from
starting if another system had an exclusive enqueue on a proclib dataset.

> Just curious: can the PROCLIB concatenation contain PDSEs?

It shouldn't be a problem since PDSE support is active well before JES2
starts up.

> -- gil

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service
Tampa, FL
----

In accordance to the principles of Doublethink, it
does not matter if the war is not real, or when it
is, that victory is not possible. The war is not
meant to be won. It is meant to be continuous.

The essential act of modern warfare is the destruction
of the produce of human labor. A hierarchical society
is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance.
In principle, the war effort is always planned to
keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged
by the ruling group against its own subjects. And its
object is not victory over Eurasia or Eastasia, but to
keep the very structure of society intact.

George Orwell - 1984