Ed,

Thanks for sending that link.  That article raises a number of questions.  If
you're the head of an agency and your z machine is swamped, can you upgrade?
I'm sure the process takes at least a year to upgrade, but if you can't get a
replacement machine, what do you do?  Conversions off the mainframe take years.
 Maybe this is not an issue  and they can just buy from a 3rd party reseller.
Does anyone know anything about the federal governments procurement policies of
new mainframes?  Just curious, although as a citizen of the US, that is
something that affects me from a tax standpoint.

I was just thinking last week that Ed Gould hasn't posted in a while.  I know
he has been retired for several years, so he's definitely not on vacation.
This type of article was the one thing he did a good job on in his postings.

Eric

--
Eric Bielefeld
Systems Programmer