This is what I do. I use Javascript on the client side simply as a
"favor" to the user so that they can have errors detected earlier. On
the server side, I trust nothing coming in from the client. Everything
is validated. Even if I "know for dead certain sure" that the value
cannot be wrong.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.