Do you expect the response to your commands to be sent back
over the NJE line to the originating system? If so, I doubt
there is a way to accomplish this.

Did you have a look at the syslog of the target system?

System commands supplied via JCL/JECL are executed as soon as
they are read by JESx. They're not synchronized with the
execution of the job that contained the commands in its JCL
stream.

If you need the command response, I suggest you use a "command"
program and run it via EXEC PGM=. The command response will then
be captured in the job's joblog and will be returned to the
originating system.

I'm sure you can find such utilities on the CBT tape.

--
Peter Hunkeler
CREDIT SUISSE