Pommier, Rex R. wrote:
This is probably a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway, and ask
pre-forgiveness.  :-)

This is wise question and I'm trying to give not-so-dumb answer :-)

You can use RMM in multi-host configuration. This is available for years. The systems need not to be sysplexed. You have to share RMM CDS and journal datasets. Those datasets can be on shared disk, GRS RING is recommended, but not necessary. Caution: regardless of sharing method you have to configure your RMM environment for multisystem use. I mean unique system names, volume ranges, etc. It can be easy or hard - depending on your needs (and wishes). BTW: Recently - AFAIK it was z/OS 1.7 - new option was introduced. In general it is "client-server" solution, where client RMM tasks communicate to server RMM over IP network. I have never used it, so I can't say anything more.

HTH
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2008 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA  wynosi
118.642.672 zote i zosta w caoci wpacony.