On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:48:02 -0500, Kelman, Tom wrote:

>Wow, the jobs must be submitted awfully close together and the dataset
>allocated close together also.  Isn't the first to levels of the DSN
>SYSyyddd.Thhmmss where yyddd is the date the dataset was allocated and
>hhmmss the time?  Isn't that naming convention supposed to prevent this
>situation.

I thought it was the job submission time, so all data sets in
a single job would have the same Thhmmss.

I encountered this problem years ago with started tasks.  A colleague
told me he had experienced it even earlier and reported it.  WAD.
Isn't NODELAY a recent innovation?  IBM should have thought the
consequences through and generated a collateral requirement to
change the convention so data set names would remain unique.

-- gil