Jason,

This is one of the fun features of DSORG=PS striped datasets. Good practice
for striped datasets is to allocate the Primary Space to be the expected
size of the dataset. This is because you cannot rely on overflowing your
datasets to more volumes once you are out of space on any volume used in the
stripe.

Alan mentioned using Guarenteed Space. Using Stripes with guarenteed space
makes it a little easier to control the number of stripes using JCL or
DATACLAS, but in this case the Primary Space requested will be allocated for
each chunk in the stripe. If you change from asmall number of stripes to a
large number, let's say from 4 to 32, then you may initially be
overallocating your space.

If you are using data rate to allocate your stripes, remember that the
primary will be broken into the number of stripes allocated, and you don't
always get the number of stripes you requested.

Ron