The list prices for IFL, zIIP & zAAP have no bearing on ICF.  IBM charges more
for an ICF than the other specialty engines, and I'm not sure that the "free
upgrade" applies either.

Edward Jaffe wrote:
> John McKown wrote:
>> We pressed for a parallel sysplex, but it was "too expensive" and
>> "not worth the cost" ($175,000 US for a CFL was what I was told we
>> were quoted. Firm price, no futher discounts, pay up or forget it.)
>
> ITYM an ICF not CFL (Canadian Football League). $175K seems way too
> high to me. Are these Canadian dollars?

According to the IBM System z9 Business Class FAQ, the list prices for
zIIP, zAAP, and IFL are $95000 (see under "Z9 BC Pricing" on page 34 of 95).

http://www.ibm.com/common/ssi/fcgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=PM&subtype=RG&appname=STG_ZS_USEN&htmlfid=ZSQ02226USEN&attachment=ZSQ02226USEN.PDF

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:lcVSMI0VjMkJ:www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/z9bc/zsq02226_usen_02.pdf

To find it  yourself, go to
http://www.ibm.com/systems/z/hardware/z9bc/index.html and click on "z9
BC FAQ" under "Learn More"...

Industry articles and postings similar to these:

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:E2cmOKYHjcgJ:www.arcati.com/z9bc.pdf
http://www.mail-archive.com/ibm-main@bama.ua.edu/msg31602.html

confirm this pricing. They also indicate the ICF is $125000.

Someone needs to take a second look at this. And remember, unlike
general CPs, specialty engines are carried forward for life.
Specifically, if you buy an ICF now, you will get one included, at no
extra charge, on every replacement/upgrade System z processor you
purchase from IBM in the future.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc

Note that my email domain has changed from jo-annstores.com to joann.com.
Please update your address book and other records to reflect this change.

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received
this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it, (ii) reply to
the sender that you received the message in error, and (iii) erase or destroy
the material. Emails are not secure and can be intercepted, amended, lost or
destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if
you communicate with us by email. Thank you.