John,
Thanks. I tried it using logonid IBMUSER and it took me straight in. I just have to figure out now how to set my normal userid with the proper attributes.

   --Dave Day

----- Original Message ----- From: "McKown, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: Debugging TSO FTP command

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Day
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 2:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Debugging TSO FTP command

When I execute the TSO FTP command either using ISPF option 6
or exiting ISPF entirely and entering FTP a the ready prompt,
I get the following abend and error message.

CEE5101C During initialization, the callable service BPX1MSS
failed. The system
return code was 0000000156 , the

         reason code was 0B0C00FA . The application will be
terminated.

[snip]

    Thanks,

    Dave Day

The key is the 0B0C00FA, for which BPXMTEXT displays:

BPXPRIN1 03/08/07,
JRSAFGroupNoOMVS: The current group does not have a GID defined in the
OMVS segment.
Action: Create an OMVS segment with a GID.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.