On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:15:26 -0500, McKown, John wrote:

> [...]
But wouldn't that DVC apply in the OMVS address space (or, in the OP's
case, the MVSNFSC address space) and not impact the problem program?
And if the NFS is served from a RAID, does each volume in that server's
RAID count separately?  But I'll defer to your undoubtedly superior
familiarity with z/OS internals and not be surprised myself.  Nor infer
that Terry T. was merely flaunting his knowledge of z/OS arcana
regardless of irrelevance to the OP's concern.

But this provokes an interesting question: If (as I believe) HFS
data sets are dynamically allocated in the OMVS address space
(that's what's cited when I try to delete one), isn't OMVS at
extreme hazard of impacting DVC etc. limits?

-- gil