I would think ISVCOSTs would be appropriate for asking the question if IBM
gives discounts on MLC products.  Answering exactly what one got as a
discount may over step the bounds on any talklist; particulars can always be
handled offlist. The answer I believe is yes if one negotiates. The "Art of the
deal" is alive when needed. I know myself the one-time-charge amounts are
dealable. Another avenue which I have not actually done is to employ another
company to front for you in the deal making. I understand there are firms who
can get you a discount by acting as a reseller; just as those firms can sell
you
new z9s or z10s cheaper than what IBM will provide (yes, it is true for I did
it).

Maybe you have investigated Workload Charging as an alternative to MLC
where it is offered. If not, then give it a look.

jim