> On Tuesday, April 15, 2008, Edward Jaffe Wrote:
>
> Sheesh! I've never understood what some sysprog's think is so "secret"
> about the contents of parmlib. IMHO, UACC(NONE) for parmlib is more
> draconian paranoia than anything else. But, that's a discussion for
> another thread...

Ed,

I agree and in a previous shop that I worked for the lead system
programmer had the authority to give the needed access to SYS1 datasets.
We had no problem with a UACC(READ) for the PARMLIBS.  Now I'm in a shop
that uses TopSecret instead of RACF and all security granting is done by
the Security group.  I don't even have the authority to grant someone
access to my personal TSO datasets.  I have to send an email to IT
Security and ask them to grant the access.  Now, IMHO, that's draconian.
Of course a lot of this might have come about because of our great
government and regulations like HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley.  Some places
are tightening down more than they might need to just to be on the safe
side.  I've always worked at banks, and I know from dealing with them
that you don't want the Federal Reserve or the Comptroller of the
Currency on your back.

Tom Kelman

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.