I too believe that 'reality will prevail'. But 'reality' is a complex thing
that includes *perception* as much as it does molecules and photons. The
truth is that the better mousetrap does not always win the day. Examples
abound. Not to mention the legions of Mac users who passionately believe in
the superiority of their platform over Wintel. Why not move the mainframe
there?

Even before this thread started, we had a couple of chuckles here over some
of the claims in the ad. Fortran? RPG? Whoopee, I can't wait to convert and
free up all those mainframe MIPS. Looks like Windows is breathing down the
neck of the 1975 mainframe.

Or maybe not.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Jim Marshall
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             .GOV>                                                      To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     z/Journal - Dark Side or Bright
                                       Side

             04/16/2008 04:30
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   .EDU>

I want to thank z/Journal for running "another Viewpoint".
<snip>

My final analysis says in the end, "reality will prevail".

jim