We license MQ V5 on MLC for about 2k/month. We have very little MQ
activity, so we are looking at changing this to SALC (usage based) to save
money. The quote from IBM for 1 MSU, the lowest band, is 10k/month! This
doesn't make sense based on our experience with other usage based
products. We've asked IBM if they mean 10K *annual*, but they have
confirmed that it's monthly.

Is there anyone out there who is licensing MQ with SALC who would be willing
to share thier experience? You can contact me privately. I don't want to poke
around in anyone's specfic licensing agreements with IBM -- I'm just trying to
get a reality check on this one quote that doesn't make sense.

Thanks,
Rob Wunderlich