After awhile I start to spot a trend from some people posting here that they
are not trying to learn how to do something, they have figured out how to get
IBM-MAIN to do their job for them.

So if someone asks how to audit a program 'A' and then later asks how to
audit program 'B', did they learn anything the first time? If they ask for a
program to use the SMF data and someone directs them to a working
assembler sample on cbttape.org but it isn't the exact report they want, fixing
the program for them makes the fixer an enabler and unpaid-consultant. That
goes beyong sharing knowledge. Showing how to fix a few lines of code is
sharing, rewriting the program is doing their job for them. Feeling like a hero
for providing the answer does not mean they original poster learned anything.

If the auditors are truly coming up with all of these problems, maybe they
need to provide the solution for the fee they are paid, too.

Is the LISTSERV to share information or do the job for someone else for free?