From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Michael Ross
Sent: Saturday, 19 April 2008 10:17 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: 3277 terminals and emulators

Folks,

I'm in the process of powering-up my System/3:

http://www.corestore.org/3.htm

One vital component I don't have is a console terminal. The System/3
uses a
3277 console - specifically, a 3277 Model 1 (yes, the 12 lines x 40
characters one!). So:

1. Does anyone reading this list have one, or have any leads on where
one
might be found?

2. Failing that, I'm looking for any 3rd party compatible terminals, or
device combinations that could add up to 3277-1 compatibility.

So far, the only leads I have are that the 3270 card in the XT/370
desktop
mainframe machine did 3277 emulation - but I don't know if it supported
Model 1 mode. Ditto for the 'Appleline' external 3270 box for early Mac
&
Lisa machines; again I've heard that supported 3277, but don't know
about
Model 1 specifically.

What about the machine that was marketed as the XT/3270 - did that
support
3277 Mod. 1, for instance?

Any clues, leads, or suggestions would be most welcome!

And, while I'm looking for desperately rare things, I'm also going to
need
3340 disk drives at some point... anyone know where those might be
found?
Who made 100% plug-compatible 3340 clones?

Thanks!

Mike

PLEASE NOTE: This internet email message has been checked for viruses
and appropriate content to ensure it complies with TABCORP's electronic
communication policy.

The information in this e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are
intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed. The message and files may be protected by legal
professional privilege, or other legal rules. The confidentiality of and
privilege applying to this message and files is not waived if this message or
files has been sent to you by mistake. If the reader of this message or files
is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, distribution or
copying of this message and files are strictly prohibited.  If you receive this
message or files in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or return
e-mail and delete all copies from your computer system. It is the recipient's
responsibility to check this message and files for viruses.
Thank you.