On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:19:04 -0700, Norman Hollander on h-WiZ.biz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I look at SYSVIEW as a world class monitor, for diagnostics,
>problem resolution, and a vehicle for driving automation.

A completely unbiased view no doubt.  ;-)

BTW, I do run SYSVIEW here on a couple of LPARs and my sandbox
sysplex because it replaced CA-LOOK in its ability to monitor CA-DATACOM.
There are some things I really like about it!!

I get the base product and some of the other pieces for free just by
virtue of being licensed for the  DATACOM interface.  One feature I have
used several times, that disappeared from OMEGAMON when dynamic LPA
support was added (OS/390 2.4), is the ability to add an SVC on the fly.
For other LPARs that don't run SYSVIEW I have to run a program to do it.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]