I have a z/OS 1.9 system using an OSA to reach the internet and Hipersockets
for LPAR communication.
I then copied this system to a guest under z/VM.
On the guest I attached the z/OS to my VSWITCH, and changed the IP address
then brought up TCPIP on that adapter without problem.
But the Hipersockets are a different issue.  I attached 3 address,
(even-odd-even) to the guest as the same addresses used on the original
z/OS, changed the IP address and restarted TCPIP.  The messages from TCPIP
say that the adapter started okay,

EZZ4313I INITIALIZATION COMPLETE FOR DEVICE IUTIQDFF

but I can't ping any other address on the Hipersocket network.  And nothing
can ping it.  All the messages from netstat,dev look exactly like the one on
the z/OS that works, except of course, for the all zeros in the counts.

DEVNAME: IUTIQDFF          DEVTYPE: MPCIPA
  DEVSTATUS: READY         CFGROUTER: NON  ACTROUTER: NON
  LNKNAME: IUTLNK1           LNKTYPE: IPAQIDIO    LNKSTATUS: READY
    NETNUM: N/A  QUESIZE: N/A
    IPBROADCASTCAPABILITY: NO
    ARPOFFLOAD: YES                ARPOFFLOADINFO: YES
    ACTMTU: 57344
    READSTORAGE: GLOBAL (8064K)
    SECCLASS: 255                  MONSYSPLEX: NO
  BSD ROUTING PARAMETERS:
    MTU SIZE: 57344             METRIC: 00
    DESTADDR: 0.0.0.0           SUBNETMASK: 255.255.255.0
  MULTICAST SPECIFIC:
    MULTICAST CAPABILITY: YES
    GROUP             REFCNT      SRCFLTMD