…we are about 10 days into a BRE aka Disaster Recovery Exercise…couple
things if may…

  - one of our procedures is to initialize all the DASD; establish a
SYS1.VTOCIX.what and a SYS1.VVDS.Vwhat; restore the DASD…during this
restore process we received prompts as

ADR369D (ttt)-mmmmm(yy), AUTHORIZE FOR {READ | WRITE} ACCESS {A
          CHECKPOINT/RESTART DATA SET | A RACF DATA SET ON NON-RACF
SYSTEM|A
          VVDS | A VTOCIX | ICF VSAM DATA SET ON NON-ICF SYSTEM} ON
          volume_serial_number, job_name, step_name, REPLY U OR T
for VTOCIX

..we are executing a basic out of the box Recovery System and submit the
restores with LOGONID IBMUSER…anyway to avoid the prompt?

  - one of our procedures is to DELETE NOSCRATCH thousands of production
datasets; catalog cleanup before dataset restore…this process took hours
to execute…might this be related to the CATALOG AUTOTUNE in our 1.7
system?